A special registration card is mandatory for Switzerland. However, you can easily pay with the Multi Service Tolls card that can be ordered through MyTolls.
How to Get Started (without registration):
- Fill out the registration form
- Go to the Customs Office of Entry and turn in the registration form where you will receive the LSVA Card/ID card.
The LSVA/ID card is needed to pay Swiss toll can be picked up at the border when entering Switzerland for the first time (with a registration document).
How to Pay with Multi Service Tolls (after first registration):
Locate a LSVA terminal. You will need the LSVA/ID Card and Multi Service Tolls card. Insert the ID card into the terminal. Select the required language and enter the requested data:
- Current mileage on the towing vehicle
- Trailer «Yes» or «No»
- If «Yes»: maximum permitted total weight (max. t) of the trailer
- Select Multi Service Tolls as method of payment
- Select ‘fuel card’ followed by ‘MS Europe’/ ‘Multi Service Tolls’
- When leaving Switzerland, write down the current mileage on the receipt and sign
- Hand over the receipt at the border to the custom official
Note: Any mistakes with the recorded mileage of your vehicle will cost you the longest route tariff.
More information about the prices and maps can be found here.
DownloadsLSVA Registration Form How to pay for Swiss toll