If the heavy goods vehicles in your fleet operate in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) you are aware of the HGV Levy, which is a tax all vehicles weighing over 12 tonnes are required to pay.
Our customers can use their Multi Service Tolls cards to pay for the HGV Levy, which allows them to continue to keep all toll transactions on one, consolidated invoice, sorted by card number and truck. Customers can also access transaction data quickly and efficiently without the need for additional administrative handling.
In addition to our payment solution, we help ease the burden of registering for HGV Levy, giving you more time to focus on what you do best, transporting goods for your customers.
Before entering the UK, the HGV Levy must be paid!
The HGV Levy Pay
You can easily pay the HGV Levy with your Multi Service Tolls Card. The tax has many similarities with the Eurovignettes in the Netherlands in that there are different fees depending on the total, weight, number of axles and the type of vehicle driven.
The HGV Levy Can Be Paid in Three Different Ways
- Through the online portal of the UK Government (link)
- On the ferry to England
- On a Point-of-Sale (POS) device
Multi Service Tolls advises you to create an online account and pay with your Multi Service Tolls card. Vignettes can be ordered for an individual truck by the driver or a manager, who can also make changes to trucks.
- What We Do
Key Benefits for the online account are:
- Store information, trucks, cards and vignettes
- Drivers do not have to stop and/or pay anything
- Opportunities to apply for a refund
- Receive a notification if a vignette is about to expire
- Ability to upload all truck information at once
What We Do
- Application and maintenance of the Multi Service Tollls Card
- Payments to the UK Government
- Provision of bank guarantees
- Details of the toll costs, sorted by card number and truck
- Daily financial management information
- Digital information
- Toll Information
Onboard Units Mandatory:
Vehicles Required to Pay Tolls:
12 t and over
Multi Service Tolls Card
- Description of Toll System
- Time-based – amount due depends on use
- Additional Documents